It is absolutely true and it was all my fault! I did a BIG NO NO!
I installed a plugin from the WordPress repository that was in “beta testing” called Login Moved. It was supposed to have been a security plugin to to move the login url to something unique to help stop people from trying to brute force their way in.
I was duped and seems to be quite a few others where too! It was malware and opened the door for them to get access to my blog here….Yes this exact blog!
I did not realize until I saw that google was crawling pages I knew I did not post, as they were mainly in a difference language…Japanese. I know I do not speak or write in Japanese so something must have been foul!
I found all of this out at midnight on Saturday night and the fight began between me and the hacker!
First thing I did was try to install SUCURI WordPress plugin. and used it in tandem with WordFence.
With both of these power teams, I was still loosing! Bang bam Boom! POW! I was getting the crap beat out of me by this damn hacker!
This morning I swallowed my pride and called in the big guns! I called my host!
No Not Host Gator!
KnownHost to the rescue! From the moment I contacted their support until full resolution they quickly diagnosed the issue and led me down the road to a happy WordPress installation!
I didn’t expect to have this issue however I have learned to ensure to install unverified plugs on a test installation.
KnownHost Rescued me and my blog, and they deserve all the credit! Thanks to the Support Gang there…Top Notch!